FROM REMEMBERANCE TO AMAL
Alhamdolillah!
We have now reached the end of our journey from Chehlum to Istifādah Ilmiyah 1448 Η.
It has been a journey through the forty zulm endured by our beloved Imam Husain (AS) -a journey that began with grief and remembrance, but which, I hope, has gradually taken us towards reflection and understanding.
For Chehlum cannot merely be a remembrance of what happened at Karbala.
Chehlum awakens the heart.
Karbala awakens responsibility.
Istifādah awakens the intellect.
And when heart and intellect unite under the guidance of the Imam (SA) and Dai ul Mutlaq Aqa Muffadal Saifuddin Moula (TUS) in our times
Ilm becomes Amal.
This, perhaps, is the deeper purpose of our journey.
We do not journey from Chehlum to Istifādah merely to know more about Karbala.
We journey:
from remembrance to reflection to recognition to responsibility → to action.
The forty zulm are therefore not forty isolated tragedies to be just mourned. Each one invites us to ask: What does Karbala demand of me? What should I recognise? What should I change? What must I do?
And this is where Istifādah Ilmiyah assumes a profound significance.
Knowledge in the Fatemi Taiyebi tradition is never merely information accumulated by the intellect. Ilm is a light that must illuminate the heart, refine the soul and ultimately manifest itself in action.
Thus, our journey does not end with Chehlum.
Nor does it end with the reading of these five posts.
It culminates at the threshold of Istifadah Ilmiyah-where remembrance seeks under-standing, understanding seeks recognition, and recognition seeks Amal.
On account of my health conditions, I have not received the baraka't of attending Istifidah Ilmiyaah, but it is Aqa Moula's karam and ehsanaats that I have lived the spirit of Istifidah Ilmiyah, this year for six weeks !!!
And so, as we reach the end of this journey, I am reminded of Mir Anis, who describes the sky just before sunrise:
Amad vo aftab ki, voh subh ka sama Tha josh-e-jas ki vazd mein ta'oos-e-asman
The sun has arrived; it is the scene of dawn-the sky itself seems like a peacock in ecstasy.
What a beautiful imagery for the month of Rabi ul Akhir, the month of Milads and Istifadah Ilmiyah.
The darkness has not vanished merely because dawn has been announced. But some-thing is stirring. A new light is approaching. A new vista is about to reveal itself.
And so, as we approach the mausim of Istifadah Ilmiyah 1448 H, as we stand at this threshold-with hearts awakened by Chehlum, minds prepared for Ilm, and souls ready for Amal.
A new vista is throbbing to be opened.
Mubarak to all those who will attend.
Dua ni iltemas.
No comments:
Post a Comment