From a recent interview given by Dr. Deepak Chopra on the ' Early Morning Show' I managed to gather a few nuggets, which I would like to share with you, in this very troubling times.
According to Dr. Chopra out of a total 2.9 trillion dollars in daily circulation around the world, only 2% is used for providing actual goods and services for maintaining life, the remaining 98% is speculation, money circulating in the Casino. He has differentiated money and wealth. According to him, money is that which you have not earned, (money breeding money , I think that is what he means to imply) money is that with which you buy things, which you do not really need, to impress people whom you really do not like.
Wealth according to him in the real sense is ..
1. Wealth is progressive realization of worthy goals.
2. Wealth is the ability to love and have compassion
3. Wealth is to have good health
4. Wealth is to have meaningful caring relationship.
5. Wealth is to get in touch with the creative power that very much resides inside you, which is also the creative power of the Universe.
I hope I have heard him correctly, you may log on to
(copy paste on your browser please)
and if there is some error in my post, do point it out to me, I will be obliged.
So the big investing Bankers have created 'money' and have gone bust, now the 'awakened' will have to create 'wealth'.
I think this is the silver lining in the dark looming clouds.
The world leaders have converged for the Economic Summit to start today. Our Honourable Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh is also attending. It has been termed as Brenton Woods II.
Hope the world leaders manage to put into real practice, effective checks and regulations for the financial markets, so that in future the woods ( our beautiful world) is not infested with 'wolves' of greed, in the garb of financial institutions, promising Al Dorado to gullible people.
Please take care to ask a hardworking Professional, who has just received a 'pink slip' for no fault of his. Have emphaty was all those, who are trying to make an honest living but there is a residing fear in them of their future.